[Geo4All] setup OSGeo wiki for Open Source Report Card forms (etc)

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Nov 8 22:04:30 PST 2016

Markus Neteler[1]
>> Once the details are settled, please open a [Trac] ticket [and] assign it to OSGeo SAC.

I made a ticket[2] for initial planning. We should probably discuss this a bit (on-ticket/off-list) before making an implementation ticket.

Christian Willmes[3]
> SMW is running in the OSGeo wiki

Yes, I can see the badge on the pages :-)

> SMW has all it needs for this kind of app

Not quite: SMW natively includes the ability to *query*, but not the ability to produce a form UI. Fortunately the wiki.osgeo.org has the old extension='Semantic Forms' installed for the latter task[4], but I suspect we should update both the current SMW version, and upgrade to the new extension='Page Forms'[5] (which is the successor to and uplevel of 'Semantic Forms') ... which is also probably a good reason to update wiki.osgeo.org's MW, PHP, MySQL while we're at it, since those are all significantly downlevel of the latest *security* releases (e.g. for MW[6]), much less the latest functional releases.

Fortunately we can start prototyping on one of the free public Page Forms hosts[7] (which are already up-to-date), allowing us to either (preferred) do the deferred maintenance in parallel, or (deprecated) continue to defer it ... but this is getting waaay too detailed, and I'm having trouble simultaneously processing both this and "President Trump."

Let's move further discussion to the ticket[2]: anyone who's interested, please go there.

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>

[1]: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2016-November/003310.html
[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1817
[3]: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2016-November/003312.html