[Geo4All] Vision for an OSGeo education program

Bridget Fleming bridget at afrispatial.co.za
Mon Oct 31 00:50:44 PDT 2016

So true. I left the teaching profession three years back, had time to upskill in GIS and now I am back in the classroom.
Teachers desperately need support. A panel discussion (FOSS4G Boston) to map a way forward will be great.

SAGTA (SA Geography Teachers’ Association) and FOSS4G – S Africa (Gavin Fleming) will be hosting a conference at my new place of work, St John’s College (Johannesburg) 26 to 30 June 2017.

Good work is being done and know that we have teachers using QGIS in very under resources school. Sadly, few know about these pockets of excellence.

Bridget Fleming
bridget.fleming at stjohnschool.co.za
+27827757072
Skype: GeoBridget