[Geo4All] How will a MultiTask Data Gathering Geo enabled device look like for farm Uganda data sharing?

Dan Bwanika bulemezi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 04:26:07 PST 2017

Dr. Massimiliano Cannata

I've been thinking through how the device(module) can look like or
what it can do in a typical Uganda environment to win quick market
accessibility.  I came up with a few attributes/suggestions you and
Dott Maria Brovelli  can presual through;

How will a MultiTask Data Gathering Geo enabled device look like for
farm Uganda data sharing?

Communication infrastructure

a.	Satellite (wider coverage)
b.	Mobile Phone communication (masts –limited coverage)
c.	Fibre Optic Internet based on b (limited coverage)

Mobilephone/SmartTV --- -> Satellite <---- Module

Device (Module)

1.	Two way delivering and data sourcing sensors

a.	 Spatial Grazing data
b.	Grass Chemical compound data
c.	Soil profile
d.	Mortality/Fertility data
e.	Consumption Volume (grass/water)
f.	Plant / Animal diseases detector
g.	Water source (undergraound and surface
h.     Weather records

2.	GSM/GPS enabled
3.	Lap/Desttop, smart TV set enabled
4.	Milk/Meat Market dash / BillBoard

Applications

1.	Spread sheet
2.	SPPS
3.	Anaconda can generate Map (cartographic data)
4.	Mintab
5.	GIS can generate Map (cartographic data)

Best Wishes

Daniel Bwanika

e: uidcug at gmail.com
t: @uidc_ug