[Geo4All] [Journal] [OSGeo-Discuss] Ideas/inputs needed for creating a High impact OSGeo Journal

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Dec 18 09:01:05 PST 2017

This message won't go to some of the cc lists since I'm not subscribed.

Charlie, Suchith, all,

Reinvigorating the OSGeo Journal would be a welcome development and
there is opportunity for people to do that and even take it in new
directions as well.  It looks like great work is already underway.  At
some point, coordination and discussion (which Christian has already
pointed out) on the Journal email list is probably in order so that
there can be an orderly transition.  The last few years with the
Journal being less active has led to a somewhat fractured publishing
of FOSS4G proceedings.  Perhaps this can be less fractured in the
future?

I'm happy to play a minor role facilitating the re-invigoration of the
Journal if there are people who want to take the lead.

Best regards, Eli