[Geo4All] Introduction to ProjeKt Inspire

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 13:09:00 PST 2017

Hi Lwidiko,

Thanks for your work for expanding STEM education opportunities for students in Tanzania. Please give a webinar for Geo4All . Also we can add some of these videos to GeoForAll you tube channel. Rafael will be in touch on this.

I really hope we all can work together to enable STEM education for all. In spite of all these technological advancements it is a sad fact that  even today majority of  schools in poor/developing countries there is very little opportunity for students to get quality STEM education and we are hoping to change that and need your help and ideas.If we all join synergies, i am sure over time students everywhere will get opportunity for quality STEM education and be part of digital economy opportunities.

Central to “Geo for All” mission is the belief that knowledge is a public good and Open Principles in Education will provide great opportunities for everyone. We aim to create openness in Geo Education for developing creative and open minds in students which is critical for building open innovation and contributes to building up Open Knowledge for the benefit of the whole society and for our future generations. The bigger aim is to advance STEM education across the world and bring together schools, teachers and students across the world in joint projects and help building international understanding and global peace. I have shared some of the ideas at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/09/open-principles-in-education-building-bridges-empowering-communities/

<http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/09/open-principles-in-education-building-bridges-empowering-communities/>

btw your background as Health practioner is great. I have research interest in HealthGIS. We have been working on applying spatial statistics for finding patterns in health related data. Some overview at https://www.slideshare.net/gisruk/3a1spatially-clustered-associations

One of our journal papers can be found at

Leibovici, D.G. Bastin, L. Anand, S. Hobona, G. and Jackson, M (2011) "Spatially Clustered Associations in Health related geospatial data". Transactions in GIS,Volume 15, Issue 3, pp 347–364 Available online at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9671.2011.01252.x/abstract

Looking forward to work with you and colleagues in expanding STEM education for all.