[Geo4All] Introduction to ProjeKt Inspire

lwidiko edward lwidikoedward at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:51:04 PST 2017

Dear All,

It is with great pleasure that I acknowledge the Introductions by Dr.
Suchith Anand to the Geo For All community.

I represent an organization called ProjeKt Inspire
<http://www.projektinspire.co.tz> where our primary work has been to
encourage the youth (In primary and Secondary Schools ) to fall in love
with STEM Careers. In line with that we conduct STEM Youth Boot camps for
secondary school students.

In our team we have GIS people, Mapping, Drones guys etc whom have
collaboratively synchronized efforts with the Humanitarian Open Street Maps
Team to run a successful boot camp as it can be seen in videos below.

1. Summary of the bootcamp <https://youtu.be/yKIwgy656VA>
2. The Drone Mapping Class  <https://youtu.be/v2iHAiYoxf0>* - MUST WATCH*
3. Water Hygiene and Sanitation Class
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ9xxAq9mWs>

More video about our works can be found here
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MK1kTDMAVuqsnFYIe-IIw>  Youtube Channel.

In our model we achieve  3 things in one:

1.  Providing preliminary exposure to GIS,  Mapping  and their applications
in real life to Secondary school students, (age 14-21). This helps them to
learn how to do basic maping even after the boot camps

2.Provide Career Guidance and Inspiration for the young ones on Careers in
Geo.  Sharing personal Success stories and examples of projections that
these careers have in the future. (as some kids want to know whether it
pays or not. )

3. The Students Develop Maps that can be used by district planners in areas
of Water,Hygiene and Sanitation, Health etc.

Looking to the future we are working on Strengthening STEM Clubs in
secondary schools by continuing to Map the Districts where students are
coming from on various aspects customized by the needs of the community (
Tourism, Agriculture Health ,Education Etc)

We are excited to be part of the community, and Mr. Anand shared with us
extensively the goals of the community, we are glad to spread the Spirit in
Tanzania.

We avail ourselves to build the capacity of other African countries who
would like to use our model to spread the GeoforAll Spirit among the young
ones with the hope that they will eventually develop enterprises and become
employers for fellows.

Looking forward to collaborate with many of you on various areas. My
background is Heatlh. As a Media Doctor i can't leave it unmentioned the
John Snow - Cholera Maps and how it helped to improve health care.

Kind Regards

*Dr. Lwidiko E. Mhamilawa, MD.*

***If I have seen furthest it is by standing on shoulders of giants** John
of Salisbury*