[Geo4All] GeoForAll website migration and update requirements - Your inputs needed

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 03:44:37 PST 2017

Dear All,

For  updating GeoForAll website migration aspects, I have got advise from Jody Garnett and Marc Vloemans [1].  Based on this I will be emailing  the OSGeo Board for reserving a max budget of 5K  for the GeoforAll website migration and update requirements [2]. Peter Mooney will be the main contact from GeoForAll for this and I thank Peter for helping us on this and he will be main the contact with the GetInteractive staff working on this.

We  want to get inputs and broader agreement from the GeoForAll community and  come up with the list /details of requirements in 2 weeks  . So please send you comments, need etc to the list by 8th Dec 2017.

I think the main one in terms of operational aspects is the new labs adding form (as simple as possible and keeping the same fields in the current wiki [1] ), so it becomes easier and straight forward for managing this from now on. That way it will reduce the workloads on regional chairs but also make this efficient for the long term.

Once we get the agreement from all on the updates needed, then Peter can email the GetInteractive staff and we can move ahead.

Main fields needed (similar to our current wiki table) in one page form

Lab name :
Institution :
City :
Country :
Continent :
Coordinates (longitude, latitude) :
Main contact name :
Main contact email :
Website :
Nominated by (existing OSGeo lab or OSGeo charter member) :

There should be a checklist in the form to confirm that they agree to adhere to our principles at http://www.geoforall.org/how_to_join/

This will also reduce the workload on our regional chairs and they can concentrate more on the strategic issues.

So please start sending your ideas/inputs on this. Thanks.

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2017-November/010961.html
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2017-September/004104.html

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.