[Geo4All] Africa Agriculture, Cartography /Remote Sensing & Optimal Production

Dan Bwanika bulemezi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 23:39:52 PST 2017

Dear Forum

Recently, I was in the northern central part of Uganda where cattle
keepers have farms in the region of 300 -600 acres. It took me three
hours to locate where the cows had grazed that day.

Then I thought to myself, maybe if each cattle had a GPS/GSM tag, I
would locate the cows in a few minutes instead of walking in an
endless bush. Even then do these people need such huge land for cattle
keeping if they had good aerial data on vegetation, water etc.,?

Uganda key socioeconomic activity is still agriculture and it will
remain the same for some time to come. Uganda if you look closely at
the map is endowed with huge water resources.

For the above reason, this country will need huge cartographical data
on soil profiles, vegetation, crops, water sources, animal husbandry
etc.

That is how technology is converging on Africa in a massive way.

Can we work together on this – get in touch.

Best

Daniel Bwanika

--
Bwanika Nakyesawa Luwero