[Geo4All] Website is getting close, who can work on filling empty GeoForAll pages?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:31:19 PDT 2017

Jody,

I believe that Vashek and Anna have access as well, but they are in the field and then at OSM next week, so a lot of traveling and I am busy at work but I will try to check what is missing and add what I can.
It may be useful to get some one or two additional volunteers access or if anybody on this list has access please help out to get
our part of the website as finished as possible.

I noticed that the partners logos (UCGIS, AGILE, IGU are missing - they were not on the old website but I added them to your google document). The map is still missing but I assume they are working on it and it is a known issue.

We currently need some volunteers to write the content for
Use open source GIS
-in your classroom
-in your research
-for your class project

I assume that the issue of getting the labs access to their web page or to create their web page (around 30 have so far)
will be addressed once the website is moved.

For everybody - here is the new website so far,
http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geo-for-all/ <http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geo-for-all/>

Helena

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Coming out of today's website/rebranding meeting with a couple of action items with GeoForAll:
> Action: GeoForAll empty pages, follow up with Helena and GeoForAll list
> Action: Jody reach out to Helena and check if she (or another member of GeoForAll) is whitelisted to work on GeoForAll content
> Would anyone be available for a quick review to see what content is empty? Either on this email thread or via chat... Priority would be to double check that all the expected website content has been migrated from drupal, and identify and fill in any placeholder pages.
>
> http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geo-for-all/ <http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geo-for-all/>
>
> The second point is to double check that a couple GeoForAll volunteers have access to write to the website while we wait on SAC hosting. I know they mentioned Helena by name but we should really have a couple volunteers.
> --
> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,