[Geo4All] GeoForAll Newsletters on new OSGeo website

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 12:24:49 PST 2018

> I noticed you have uploaded the PDFs as "media files", I made a "resource"
> page for one of them here - https://www.osgeo.org/resour
> ces/geoforall-newsletter-vol-4-1. It is a "journal" resource, marked with
> "GeoForAll" initaitve.
>
> >> This is where my Wordpress skills let me down. I was uploading the PDFs
> - so people could simply click and download the newsletter as PDF. I am not
> sure if we (GeoForAll) are going to make a resource page for every
> newsletter. I'll need guidance here.
> >> Where should I upload PDFs in the case where I want to make them
> 'downloadable'?

There is no duplication, I just made a "resource" page for the *exact same
media file* you had already uploaded - so the journals could be found on
the website along side foss4g presentations etc...

It would be worth it to do the resource page approach, follow the website
design, especially if we can get the newsletter page to update
automatically.

Jody