[Geo4All] GeoForAll teaching and research resources

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 12:11:02 PST 2018

How to allocate funds is kind of up to how each committee does motions:

1) SAC is a good example, where they set up a contract, and ask the
president to sign it (committees can make a motion, but cannot sign
things). Or if the vendor is happy just sending an invoice, they can pay
via treasurer...

2) Marketing committee makes a motion (email committee so motion takes some
days <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Committee_Operation>)
and then asks the treasurer to either pay for a thing like printing, or
reimburse a member who paid for printing.

3) The board makes a motion (just like any other committee) and asks the
treasurer to pay,  or authorizes the treasurer to reimburse funds, or for
larger things or asks the president to sign a contract (which includes a
payment plan for the treasurer).

I would talk to Alex who has the most experience, both with contracts and
with directly engaging Get Interactive for smaller work. For details on how
to pay contact treasurer at osgeo.org.

Jeffrey Laust (j.lasut at getinteractive.nl) is our contact at Get
Interactive, Helena I visited in person last year for some productive
content meetings.

--
Jody Garnett