[Geo4All] Open request for updates on SDG book

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 15:09:56 PDT 2018

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for your mail. I am working in good faith to address a moral issue.

ICA is my organisation for which  I have volunteered for the last 15 years and continuing . It is a great global community . The SDG book is a community effort (not any individual’s book project) . I have requested from the start (as soon as I came to know) for openness and transparency in decision making for selecting the publisher. esp. as this book is on UN SDG . ICA has now corrected the mistake . Everyone makes mistakes and it takes courage to correct the mistakes . I am grateful that ICA has now rectified this . So I don’t have any issues with ICA or any colleagues in ICA. We might have difference in opinions on some issues and having free and open discussions is in my humble opinion the best way to learn each others perspectives and find best solutions to move forward.

But I am concerned with the wider degradation of science and education happening in different sectors. This is a moral issue and needs all organisations globally in science and education working together. I am happy to work on a Open Letter to the global scientific and educator community to highlight the wider issue and will appreciate your help. I am not a native English speaker (I am learning everyday and improving) . Full credits for the previous Open letters go to you and other colleagues who were able to correctly structure the ideas and sentences.