[Geo4All] Fw: [CODATA-international] Requesting Your Inputs for integrating climate change topics in core curriculum

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 17 03:56:38 PDT 2018

This might be of wider interest.

________________________________
From: CODATA-international <codata-international-bounces at lists.codata.org> on behalf of Asha CODATA <asha at codata.org>
Sent: 16 July 2018 07:23
To: codata-international at lists.codata.org
Subject: [CODATA-international] Requesting Your Inputs for integrating climate change topics in core curriculum

[https://i1.wp.com/tropicsu.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Updated-Header-Img-JPG.jpg?w=1338&ssl=1]

TROP ICSU (https://tropicsu.org<https://tropicsu.org/>) is a global project<https://www.icsu.org/what-we-do/funding-programmes/icsu-grants-programme> funded by the International Council of Science<https://www.icsu.org/>. It aims to improve awareness of climate change and the science behind it among students by developing teaching aids for teachers at the high school (secondary school) and undergraduate (Bachelor's degree) levels.

These educational resources, with detailed step-by-step descriptions to use them in regular lectures (see: https://tropicsu.org/resources/lesson-plans/), are designed in such a way that in addition to bringing climate-related examples and case studies to the core curriculum, they also enhance conceptual understanding of the topics in basic science, mathematics and other disciplines.

There are more than 10 such lesson plans on our website that could be used by teachers of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Earth Science, Social Science,  etc.

Before we scale this up and expand our activities further, we would like to do a survey of teachers across the globe to get a feedback so that our efforts would be more effective in the long run.

The short survey would take approximately 8-10 minutes to complete. Thank you for taking the time to respond to the questionnaire. We assure you that your responses will be treated as confidential.

The survey is available in several languages. Please choose your preferred language from the list below:

  1.  English:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-english/
  2.  Catalan:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/estudi-catalan/
  3.  Chinese:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-chinese/
  4.  French:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/enquete-french/
  5.  German:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-german/
  6.  Hindi:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-hindi-2/
  7.  Italian:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/survey-italian/
  8.  Japanese:  https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/japanese/
  9.  Spanish: https://tropicsu.org/educators-survey/encuesta-spanish-ecuador/

We would greatly appreciate your help in forwarding the survey to a wide audience of teachers and teacher networks in regions across the world. The results of this survey will be posted on https://tropicsu.org<https://tropicsu.org/> after collecting and analyzing the responses.

Regards,
Asha

--
___________________________

Apply for CODATA-RDA Foundational School in Research Data Science, 22 Oct-2 Nov 2018, Kigali, Rwanda - Deadline for Applications 18 July 2018<http://www.codata.org/working-groups/research-data-science-summer-schools/kigali-2018>

Call for CODATA Task Groups 2018-2020: Deadline 18 July.<http://www.codata.org/events/general-assembly/general-assembly-2018/call-for-task-groups-2018-2020>

Turning FAIR Data into Reality - EC Expert Group Report and Action Plan: consultation and feedback until 5 August<http://www.codata.org/news/254/62/Turning-FAIR-Data-into-Reality-Report-and-Action-Plan-Consultation-until-5-August>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org<http://www.codata.org/>

E-Mail: asha at codata.org<mailto:asha at codata.org>
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE

attachment.

where permitted by law.