[Geo4All] Zero Hunger Aim

Har Amrit Singh haramritsingh.pec at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:51:45 PST 2020

Hi,
It's really a great step. In India, Mid Day Meal is launched in 1995 to
provide basic and nutritional food to school students. However, Sikh
religion is providing meals to anyone (for more than 500 years) is known as
Langar. Around the world, Sikhs are providing meals to needy people before,
during the pandemic as well as after this pandemic.

Please find one video where this society won one award for the same.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/tarana/300134353/sikh-society-wins-prestigious-award-for-service-to-community

We as individuals also do the needful.

Regards

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 2:03 PM <labrinos at eled.auth.gr> wrote:

> Dear Suchith,
>
> Below is a text, copied from the official webpage of the Greek
> Ministry of Labour and Social Security, just to let our members know
> about.
>
> "The institution of hot meals in schools, which completes four years
> of successful implementation this year, is a national program,
> included in the state budget.
>
> School meals, as an institution applied in most European countries,
> contribute significantly to strengthening solidarity and camaraderie
> in the student community and at the same time improve student
> performance. The multiple benefits of the Program have a positive
> reflection in the development of primary domestic production, as the
> products selected for the preparation of meals, which is made in
> collaboration with University Agencies, are local and of high
> nutritional value. In other words, a healthy, Mediterranean diet is
> promoted to the new generation, while at the same time the number of
> jobs in local communities is expanding.
>
> The program is addressed to a total of 185,311 students, includes
> 1,227 school units in 74 Municipalities-Regional Units of the country."
>
> best regards
> Nikos
>

> Παραθέτοντας από Suchith Anand <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>:
>
> > Dear colleagues,
> >
> > <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316>
> >
> > <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316>
> >
> > The government is to provide free meals to disadvantaged children in
> > England during the Christmas holidays as part of a package of
> > support, following a campaign by footballer Marcus Rashford. It
> > would improve the lives of nearly 1.7 million children.
> >

> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316
> >

> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/53061952
> >

> > I am grateful to everyone working for Zero Hunger Aim
> >

> > https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/geospatial-ig/post/world-food-day-2020
> >

> > Best wishes,
> >

> > Suchith
> >

> > This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
> > and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
> > message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and
> > attachment.
> >
> > Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not
> > necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email
> > communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored
> > where permitted by law.
>

> --
> Διευκρίνιση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου
> Οι πληροφορίες που συμπεριλαμβάνονται σε αυτό το μήνυμα είναι
> εμπιστευτικές και η χρήση τους επιτρέπεται μόνον από τον αναφερόμενο
> παραλήπτη. Εάν έχετε λάβει το παρόν μήνυμα από λάθος και δεν είστε ο
> προοριζόμενος παραλήπτης, σας ενημερώνουμε ότι αποκάλυψη, αναπαραγωγή,
> διανομή ή οποιασδήποτε άλλης μορφής χρήση των περιεχομένων του
> παρόντος μηνύματος απαγορεύεται. Επίσης παρακαλείσθε να αποστείλετε το
> [...]

Thanks,

*ਡਾ: ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੰਧੂ*
*Dr. Har Amrit Singh Sandhu (State Awardee)*
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*Assistant Professor & Training Placement Incharge*
(Department of Civil Engineering ), PEC -Chandigarh (Punjab), India
Cell No. 09888607006, ​Whatsapp: 09463594149
0172-2753373/51 (O)

*Awards: **Commendation Award on Republic Day by UT **Administration (2018)*
*                 Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award by ASCE HQ (2016 &
2020)*
*                 Best Paper Award in International Conference (2016)*
*                 International Travel Award by IASC Iceland (2019) *
*Translator  -  NPTEL*
*Secretary    -   ASCE India Section (NR)*
*Treasurer   -   ISRS Chandigarh Chapter*
*Member       -   ASCE, IBC, IEEE, IPRN*
Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/har-amrit-singh-sandhu/>   Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeVo0fHYSOvmmoLrg0qnAA?view_as=subscriber>
  ResearchGate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Har_Amrit_Sandhu>