[Geo4All] Fw: [CODATA-international] Announcement/Invitation: "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis" by Rupert Allan, 2021-06-14, 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 22:27:08 PDT 2021

________________________________
From: CODATA-international <codata-international-bounces at lists.codata.org> on behalf of Franz-Josef Behr <franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de>
Sent: 10 June 2021 21:14
To: codata-international at lists.codata.org <codata-international at lists.codata.org>
Subject: [CODATA-international] Announcement/Invitation: "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis" by Rupert Allan, 2021-06-14, 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2

Dear colleagues and friends,

after our GDAL/OGR workshop with Jakob Miksch I was able to organize another public HFT/Geo4ALL/ICA/OSGeo lecture/workshop entitled

            "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis"

given by Rupert Allan (see https://rupertallan.com/) next Monday afternoon, at 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2.

Rupert will talk based on his practical experiences as Former Country Manager for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) in Uganda. I met him for the first time at FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and we also could invite him to AGSE 2018<http://applied-geoinformatics.org/agse-2018/> in Windhoek, Namibia. He brings with himself an interesting mixture of different educational and professional backgrounds, as eh holds a Masters in Visual Culture and Anthropology from the University of Wales, and is a researcher associated with the Displacement Studies Research Network (University of Plymouth, UK), and the Manson Unit, (Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), London). (https://www.sas.ac.uk/publications/mapping-crisis)

I am sure we will get an inspiring talk in this meeting.Please let me know if you want to participate, then I will send you the Zoom invitation.
If you like you can invite friends and colleagues from home or around the world!

See you on Monday - Franz-Josef

attachment.

where permitted by law.