[geojquery] Possible Plugin list

Christian Wygoda arsgeografica at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:19:01 EDT 2010

So I have a feeling that there will be a two-split approach for GJQ
implementation:

1) The GJQ core plugin which offers an jQuery-style interface to the
OpenLayers API. Probably a "classic" jQuery plugin without the dependency on
jQuery UI. Here custom selectors, event binding and so on are implemented
for everyone using jQuery to have easy access to OpenLayers.

2) The GJQ UI plugins, providing all kinds of "widgets", like an ToC,
dialogs for layer configuration, buttons/actions and so on. There will be a
heavy dependency on jQuery UI and (hopefully) the jQuery UI widget factory
will be used.

3) Some would like to have a GeoExt API/Functionality clone, but this would
either be
  3a) based on 1) + 2) or
  3b) an tutorial for people of how to switch to (somedays) GJQ happiness?

Is that the general understanding of where we're headed? Please throw in you
2c!

If so, I would like to set up a wiki overview page for these with individual
wiki pages for each plugin so as to have condensation points for ideas.