[geomoose-psc] support page location

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:28:01 PDT 2015

On 03/11/2015 11:16 AM, Eli Adam wrote:
> Right now to get to the support pages, the path I need to take is
>
> geomoose.org-->Documentation-->2.7-->Getting Started-->Feature
> Overview--> then clicking on either link:
> http://www.geomoose.org/info/commercial_support.html
> http://www.geomoose.org/info/mailing_lists.html
Oh yeah... website organization, we were working on that once upon a
time.  My opinion is it should be linked from the www.geomoose.org site
(which is about project level details) rather than the docs pages (which
are about specific versions of the software).

> That seems like excessively low prominence and difficult to access.
>
> 1. Is there an obvious and easier route that I'm missing?
>From www.geomoose.org:

  Type support into the Quick Search?
   -- or --
  Look under GeoMoose Support at the bottom on www.geomoose.org
   -- or --
  Click on GeoMoose Support at the end of the Table of Contents
-- or --
https://www.google.com/search?q=geomoose+support
> 2. In the past, Bob (I think) has suggested putting it in the top bar.
> I generally think that is a good idea (but also generally I don't like
> a lot in navigation bars).
> 3. Hmm, our top bar is out of date (points to trac). We should remove
> "wiki" link even if it still exists with minimal use, I think that
> "Demo" and "Download" should be removed too since they are on main
> site, "Documentation" can be removed too since that is the same as
> "home".
I presume you are talking about docs.geomoose.org here:  I think the
whole top bar can go except maybe for adding a link back to
www.geomoose.org.  The top nav bar causes problems with the PDF version
anyway (as documents in the nav bar are not in the table of contents and
so do not get included in the PDF unless they are also included elsewhere.)