[geomoose-psc] Feedback in testing PROJ v5.0.0 with GeoMOOSE

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 5 07:17:30 PST 2018

Unfortunately that is incorrect, what is likely happening in your case
is related to caching in your browser.  You can read the long thread
starting at my report for the RC6 release (I was testing from source on
Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows) at
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2018-February/008082.html

This will break all MapServer (and GDAL, PostGIS, GRASS GIS,...)
services outputting to the Google "Web Mercator".  You can read in that
thread how I asked for an immediate RC7 release with that fix.

The PROJ team chose to release anyway (the fix was actually applied to
master before the release, but it will be available to all in the 5.0.1
release).

I again encourage *everyone* to provide feedback directly to the PROJ
community (there is even a Github ticket, if you prefer to give feedback
that way instead): https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/issues/834

-jeff