[geomoose-psc] [Geomoose-users] Add a language to GeoMoose

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 10:28:21 PST 2020

Moving this to the PSC list for a procedural question:

How should we apply the contribution guidelines to translation
contributions?  In other words, when do translators need to accept the
terms and be listed in the AUTHORS file?

Our current practice is to have people submit a PR adding themselves to the
AUTHORS file.

Does this model for code (and docs?) fit for translators (who may be less
comfortable working with git and submitting a PR than the typical code
contributor)?

Translations are sort of code (by implementation detail), sort of
documentation, are mostly a statement of fact, but also could have a
creative element.