[geomoose-psc] April 2022 PSC meeting notes are on the wiki

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Apr 22 13:16:52 PDT 2022

Swear?  Not at all! I applaud any effort at standardization for interoperability, especially when it benefits the Open Source world.  Good work!

I think LLC is fine for atlas scale (1:1M + ) static maps of Canada.  But it's not very useful for dynamic web mapping.  Web Mercator is somewhat better, but if you are focused on the North, then it has problems.  And that's one more reason why I'm a fan of CesiumJS; it has a globe you can spin and zoom (but you can't see the entire world's geography at a glance).

The Canadian Government's use of LLC as the standard for dynamic web mapping is puzzling to me; must be paper mapping inertia.

Brent