[Geomoose-users] a question about ESRI-SYMBOLS

Athanasis Nikolaos athanasis at geo.aegean.gr
Tue Nov 13 04:47:24 EST 2007

Hello list,

I added the following SYMBOL in the symbol.sym file:

SYMBOL

NAME 'esri_132239'

TYPE TRUETYPE

FONT esri_132

FILLED TRUE

ANTIALIAS TRUE

CHARACTER 'ï'

END

However, when I apply it in a style :

STYLE

SYMBOL 'esri_132239'

SIZE 16

COLOR 168 0 0

OUTLINECOLOR -1 -1 -1

END #STYLE

then nothing appears in the screen, i do  not get any error messages, however it seems that geomoose does not know how to interpret my symbol. This symbol however works ok in FIST (it shows a fire spot) , and it is created with "Amein!".

Does anyone have any idea why geomoose does not show my symbol? Is it a general incompatibility issue with esri symbols?

Of course, I can create a gif or a png file that shows my fire spot and change the symbol into a PIXMAP symbol, but i believe that this is not a very good idea....

does anyone has any idea?

The online link is:

http://195.251.137.181/geomoose/statedemo2.html

Thank you in advance!

Athanasis Nikolaos
Adjunct Faculty  and Ph.D. Candidate,
Department of Geography and Department of Cultural Technology and Communication

University of the Aegean
University Hill
81100 Mytilene, GREECE

TEL  +30-22510-36436