[Geomoose-users] FW: "GeoMOOSE Documentatino Sprint" (Lunch Included)

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Mon Oct 29 12:47:15 EDT 2007

FYI...just a reminder we have this event planned for tomorrow (see
original email below).  Here is a preliminary agenda with some ideas for
work items.  Please let us know if you are planning on attending so we
plan for enough space to accommodate the group.  We look forward to any
help we can get on documentation.  I hope to see some of you tommorrow.

Agenda:
8:00 - Get setup with internet and write permission to GeoMOOSE website.
Put in orders for lunch.
8:30 - Give brief over of GeoMOOSE website and how to add/edit pages.
Explain where new pages should go.
8:45 - Start documenting
12:00 - 1:00 lunch
1:00-4:00 - Keep documenting

Ideas for people to work on (I roughed in some names, but this is
flexible):
- How to Configure pop-up services (Bob)
- How to configure identify servies
- How to configure text box search services (Scott)
- How to configure selection service
- How to configure buffer selection service (Brian)
- Update MS4W installation instructions (Brian)
- Work on improving state and county demo applications (Randy)
- End-use help system (improve on
http://mcleod.houstoneng.com/mcleod/help/GeoMOOSE_help.html) (Nancy)
- Linux/Unix installation instructions (Jim)
- GeoMOOSE API reference guide (What javascript functions are exposed
and how to use them) (Dan)
- How to add a button to the interface
- How to add menu's to the menu bar
- How to add multiple "jump to" drop down menus
- Revisions to reference guides (Scott)
- Proof-read documentation/Editor (nancy)
- 1.1, 1.5, 2.0 road maps
- do we need a change log separate from SVN on sourceforge?
- update print configuration documentation (Brian)
- do we need a steering committee page or guideline instructions for
code contributors
- FAQ for Mapserver questions

Thanks,
Brian