[Geomoose-users] shape file to database

Shashwat_Nigam Shashwat_Nigam at satyam.com
Wed Aug 27 08:30:48 EDT 2008

I am trying to exclude .shp files and to have database connectivity instead. For that I converted the shape files to .sql using shp2pgsql.exe as it is a tool given by PostgreSQL. After this in the map files I provided the connection as

      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=Database_name user=postgres password=Password port=5432"
                DATA "the_geom from county"

But after this a few layers are able to load and rest not. Even at certain zoom levels other layers breaks.
I want to know that is there anything else to done for the same or GeoMOOSE application is only valid for file based system not for database.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashwat Nigam<mailto:shashwat_nigam at satyam.com>
| Software Engineer | Geographical Information System
Satyam Computer Services Limited<http://www.satyam.com/>, Hyderabad | MOBILE: +919951467324 |

DISCLAIMER: