[Geomoose-users] MAXSCALE / MINSCALE in mapbook not applicable mapfile layers?

CoFIS Web coffee at uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 4 05:58:31 EDT 2009

Dear all,
in GM2 I set maxscale / minscale at layer level in my mapbook.

I works perfectly well when using the feature with WMS layers that I
include directly into GM without using a mapfile and turns these layers
on/off at the specified scale.

However, when using "maxscale" on layer from a mapfile these settings
seem to have no effect other than controlling the use of CSS for
inscale/outscale in the catalogue. True or false?

The reason I am asking is that if I set
#mapfile
	MAXSCALEDENOM = 5000000

and
#mapbook catalogue
<layer ... maxscale="5000000"/>

the two settings seem not to correspond thoroughly. The layer will still
be shown on the map but marked as "outscale" in the catalogue when
zooming for instance to 1:5000500 (as shown in the GM scale box).

In order to make both setting correspond roughly I have to change my
mapfile to

MAXSCALEDENOM = 5006600

which is kinda weird and makes administration a bit more painful.

I got "meters" set as units in both my mapbook & mapfiles? Do I need
something else?

Thanks,
Nils

--
Center for Development Research
Department of Ecology and Resource Management

Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
53113 Bonn (Germany)

Tel.:   +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
FAX:    +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889