[Geomoose-users] Limit Identify Result

Jessica Fendos Jessica.Fendos at state.mn.us
Mon Aug 10 23:20:43 EDT 2009

Thanks Dan. There is already a ticket for implementing this in MapServer
(Milestone 6.0?). We look forward to it.

Jessica

>>> Dan Little <danlittle at yahoo.com> 08/10/09 9:50 PM >>>
To get this into GM I'll need to modify MapServer, at least if I want it
to work universally.

<danlittle at yahoo.com>

added to GeoMoose. The mapping interface will not be too demanding
except I have to limit query result. It sounds like I am really pushing
it for this time frame. Would you consider adding this feature in 2.0
(or 2.0.1) when it is convenient to you in the near future (does not
have to be before 8/14)? Thank you!

>Jessica

>Are you saying you would need this feature added to GeoMOOSE by August
14th? Or are you saying you need assistance setting up GeoMOOSE for the
State Fair booth?

>It might be a possibility for me to write the feature into GM2.0 by the
14th but probably not GM1.6 (as GM2.0 actually has an identify service
using PHP, so there is more control).

>>From: Jessica Fendos <Jessica.Fendos at state.mn.us>

Actually, I was going to use GeoMoose to display green career
opportunities at the coming State Fair Green Career booth organized by
the Department of Employment and Economic Development -- showing "green"
educational programs and industries.  If it is not too much trouble,
would you consider? However, the deadline is August 14th. If you are
busy at this time, we can always use GeoMoose next time when
appropriate. Thank you either way.

>>Best,
>>Jessica

>>This the first request for the feature that I've heard, so no, it's
not implemented.  It wouldn't be a difficult add-on to either GM1.6.X or
GM2.0 ... shall I consider the option officially requested?

>>>From: Jessica Fendos <Jessica.Fendos at state.mn.us>

MapServer and OpenLayers. Will 2.0 take care of identify limit at this
time? Appreciate your time!

>>>Jessica

>>>That add-on is something chameleon implemented.  For identify
functionality GeoMOOSE 1.6.X uses MapServer directly, so if it's not a
native-MapServer supported function it will not work with GeoMOOSE 1.6.X

Chameleon (another add-on to MapServer) so was hoping I can do the same
in GeoMoose.... Suggestions anyone?

Due to