[Geomoose-users] [Geomoose-developers] Print Report

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Aug 20 09:34:43 EDT 2009

Jay,

Well you can't (or shouldn't be able to) write directly to the C:\temp
drive on a client computer from the web.  Some possible alternatives
though . . .

*  You could ask the user where to save the file.
*  You could run GeoMoose locally (on the same computer you want to save
to) and have the service put the file some place, which it can do if
it's on the same computer.  (I've had some interesting conversations
with folks about this path, since it's not generally used and can
potentially get around some security issues, but that another
conversation)
*  You could have your existing service write the data to some network
location that is mapped on each PC that you want to have access to the
data, and/or write it to some Web location that you send the link back
to the user or even email them.

Just some thoughts . . .

bobb

>>> Jay Kapalczynski <jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us> wrote:

Anyone out there know how I could modify the Print Report to not open in
a new IE window rather just save the pdf to the “c:temp\”  instead?

THanks