[Geomoose-users] Search parcels

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Aug 31 10:32:54 EDT 2009

Franz,

   I'm not up to speed on v2, but a quick look at v2's mapbook_demo.xml (around
line 205) shows how the user interface widgets are created:

	<service name="search_parcels">
		<url>php/itemquery.php</url>
		<step type="input">
			<input type="select" name="qitem" title="Search By:">
				<option value="OWNER_NAME">Owner</option>
				<option value="PID">Parcel ID</option>
			</input>
			<input type="user" name="qstring" title=""/>
			<input type="hidden" name="layer" value="parcels/all"/>
			<input type="hidden" name="zoom_to_first" value="false"/>
			<input type="hidden" name="highlight" value="true"/>
		</step>
	</service>

The <input type="user" name="qstring" title=""/> creates a text box, so you
could add another.  The information from those user interface widgets is used by
php/itemquery.php.  Have a look at itemquery.php and do some reading on the
Mapserver site (and the mailing list) about itemqueries and other methods to
filter data.  Also have a look at GM v2's demo\landdata\parcels.map,
particularly the itemquery entries in the METADATA section.