[Geomoose-users] Installation documentation for Ubuntu/error logs?

Matthew Burton-Kelly matthew.burtonkelly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:53:02 EST 2009

Hello all,

I saw that there was a recent comment about installing GeoMOOSE on
Linux and that there seems not to be any documentation about this.
I'm currently trying to make things work in Ubuntu, but I've hit a
dead end.

This is what I've done so far:  http://protichnoctem.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-ongoing-battle-with-geomoose-201-un.html
Any help would be appreciated.  My install is located at http://134.129.143.110/geomoose2/geomoose.html

Two other questions
Is there an error log somewhere?  No errors show up for my install,
but no maps do either.
In what directory should mapfiles be placed?

I'm more than willing to add to the documentation for this application
as I learn, but first I need to be able to install it!

Thanks,
Matt BK

-----------------------------
Matthew Burton-Kelly, M.S.
Graduate Student
Department of Geology and Geological Engineering
University of North Dakota
(802) 922-3696
matthew.burton.kelly at und.nodak.edu
matthew.burtonkelly at gmail.com
http://uweb.und.nodak.edu/~matthew.burton.kelly/
"About thirty years ago there was much talk that geologists ought only
to observe and not theorize; and I well remember someone saying that
at this rate a man might as well go into a gravelpit and count the
pebbles and describe the colors.  How odd it is that anyone should not
see that all observation must be for or against some view if it is to
be of any service!"
-Charles Darwin, in an 1861 letter to Henry Fawcett.