[Geomoose-users] geomoose2 for IIS

Devon Piernot piernotd at uwplatt.edu
Fri Sep 11 17:06:33 EDT 2009

Hey everyone,

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to migrate my geomoose 2.0 application from
my pc to a microsoft virtual dedicated server through go-daddy.
http://www.geomoose.org/moose/docs/install_ms4w.html
http://mapserver.org/installation/iis.html
These two links provide some guidance, but are they slightly out of date?

Here are my current application specs:
ms4w_2.3.1
geomoose-2.0-MS4W

...and server:
OS: Widows Server 2003
with IIS 6.0

I'm familiar with mapfiles and the cartographic side of mapserver
applications, but my website skills are seriously lacking.  Right now
I'm using esri shapefile data for all mapfiles and I've only implemented
basic query functionality.  I've applied the Wisconsin Transverse
Mercator projection for everything
http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/3071/ but I doubt that matters
much here.

p.s. is it even worth it?  i.e. should I try to cancel this and go with
a linux virtual dedicated server instead?

Thank you in advance for any help.
--

Devon Piernot
GIS / Web Developer