[Geomoose-users] map-source; only 2 valid types?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Sep 28 12:26:02 EDT 2009

Brian,

   I'd be interested in seeing Google Maps access implemented, and I'd be
willing to give up printing the Google Maps layer if it meant I could view it on
the screen.

   Looking through GM v2's main.js and OpenLayer's google.html example, it
appears that adding a layer type of "Google" looks simple.  But I'm concerned
about the projection.  Would it mean that my site would have to use Spherical
Mercator as the view projection?   Would Dan's recent enhancement of raster
projection in OpenLayers be useful so I could set a view projection of UTM?  Or
would performance be a problem?

Best Regards,
Brent (the other Brent) Fraser