[Geomoose-users] Identify Sensitivity

Dave Misun dmisun at kapur-assoc.com
Wed Dec 8 11:54:27 EST 2010

I am having a problem figuring out how to configure the sensitivity for the IDENTIFY tool in GM 2. I am trying to select a sewer manhole point feature, but am unable to do so. I can select a larger polygon, e.g. parcel, but not the MHs. I've tried setting the TOLERANCE of the feature in the map file, 3 pixels in the particular instance, but that selects a large number of MHs and I'm certain that they are not within the 3 pixel radius of the MH of interest.

If someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'd be very grateful.

Dave Misun

LAYER
          NAME burlington_san_mh
          DATA 'C:\Users\dave_m\city_of_burlington\shapefiles\sanitary_sewer\burl_san_mh_epsg900913.shp'
          STATUS ON
          TYPE POINT
          #LABELITEM 'PDFfilename'
           LABELCACHE ON
           MAXSCALE 500000
         #LABELMAXSCALE 25000
           METADATA
                'identify_record' 'identify_burl_san_mh.html'
           END

           #PROJECTION
           #END
             TOLERANCE 3
                     CLASS
                       #NAME 'Burlington Sanitary Sewer Manholes'
                        NAME ''
                        STYLE
                        SYMBOL 'kreis_sol'
                        SIZE 10