[Geomoose-users] getting started, running the demos question

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Sun Jan 3 09:31:42 EST 2010

I'm trying to setup GeoMoose but ran into a problem that I'm not sure how to
fix.  After several hours of modifying my environment, here's where I'm at
now:

Windows OS

Apache 2.2.11

PHP 5.3.1  (VC6 x86 Thread Safe (2009-Nov-19 10:20:08) from
http://windows.php.net/download/)

MapServer 5.4.2 with PHP_MapScript from ms4w_3.0_beta7 2009-09-01 (
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL_3.0.html)

GeoMoose from moose2-trunk as downloaded from the tarball as of Jan 1.  ( I
choose this over the 2.0.1 release because I liked some of the changes in
2.2.)

Apparently, the php dl() function is now deprecated as of PHP 5.3.  Even
with the enable_dl set to 'On' in php.ini, it still throws an error when
trying to run the demo.  GeoMoose uses this function.  How can I get around
that?

Also, I see GeoMoose uses php_dbase extension.  That dll is not in the PHP
or MS4W distributions I downloaded.  I did see a php_ogr dll in MW4W
though.  How can I get around this?

Lastly, I tried using php 5.2.8 and I WAS able to get the GeoMoose demo
mostly working.  However, some problems were occurring, likely because I
didn't have php_mapscript, or maybe a wrong version.  I switched to php 5.3
because I couldn't find a php_mapscript for MapServer 5.4.2 for php 5.2.x
and because it was what MS4W currently supports.

Thanks for any help or thoughts.

- John

John Callahan, Geospatial Application Developer
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware