[Geomoose-users] projection problems, popup question

Efstathios Arapostathis e.arapostathis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:55:02 EST 2010

Hello,

I would like to have some help, if you could.

I'm trying to figure out how the projection system between the layers, the
map files and the geomoose api works.

I have a postgis database with wgs84 projection (decimal degrees).
I have set the geomoose api to google projection (meters).
The map file that describes the postgis layer sets the extend according to
the database projection (in decimal degrees).

When I'm trying to load it to geomoose, the layer is loaded but I cannot see
it. I think that this happens because of the projection system. I used the
tip you told me with mozilla firefox (tools, page information, multimedia)
and realized that the coordinates that the api loads, are different from the
coordinates I set to the map file. The coordinates are also different  from
the coordinates that are set in the initial extend of the mapbook file.
Could you tell me how the projection and reprojection system works? What
should I do with the example I described you?

In addition, is it possible to load a picture in the popup? I was thinking a
field in the postgis database that will have the url information of the
pictures that want to be loaded. Is this possible? If not is there any other
way to do this?

Thanks a lot (for all you help tou have given me in general).