[Geomoose-users] Printing the Legend With the Map

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 03:57:48 EDT 2010

In GeoMOOSE 1.X we had the ability to print the legend in the map.  As neat of an idea as it seems the following problems continually arose:
1) "My legend isn't where I want it, how do I change it?"
2) "I don't want all the layers showing in the printed map, but I want them in the application."
3) "I don't know any PHP, how do I modify the template?" ... later followed with ... "My print feature doesn't work, I lost legends, the map, the north arrow, and my Coffee mug."

A design decision was made to not include that feature in 2.X in favor of a static legend or creative users who wish to add the feature back into printing using their own code.