[Geomoose-users] ArcGIS Services

Len Kne lkne at houstoneng.com
Wed May 12 21:35:39 EDT 2010

Yes, OL supports Arc REST services.  In fact, the Arc REST services are supported in GeoMOOSE 2.2 as a layer type.  The UTM demo that comes with the download has an Arc REST service layer which shows the configuration.  You can see what it looks like at:

http://geomoose.houstoneng.com/gm2demo-utm/geomoose.html

AcrGIS Server 9.x has good support for publishing WMS services from an .mxd file.  This can be configured from their web interface or ArcCatalog.  IMHO, MapServer still out-performs ArcServer WMS, especially with raster files.

Len