[Geomoose-users] Geomoose 2 installation in fgs 9.5 / ubuntu

Wes Cleland wcleland at vanburencity.org
Thu May 27 09:37:02 EDT 2010

Mark,

This can be very tedious, and I have fought through everything switching
from ms4w to Ubuntu 10.04 with FGS9.5.  The easiest way to fix the
problem is to go into terminal, and type the gksudo nautilus command,
navigate to the folder geomoose2 (I assume it is in /opt/geomoose/),
right-click, click the permissions tab, then change all the permissions
to read and the user group to apache. In a development environment it
can be easier for you to change them all to read/write, but some believe
this is a security risk.

The reason you cannot view the actual map and only the skin, you do not
have access to the mapbook. Once that is fixed then you will be able to
view.

v/r,

 Wesley T. Cleland, GISP, CFM

 GIS Coordinator

 City of Van Buren, Arkansas

 479-471-5025

 "One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to
run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you
meet

  it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Never run away from anything. Never!"

  Winston Churchill

Hello,

I am having trouble getting GeoMoose 2 to run over FGS on Ubuntu linuix
10.

The FGS software appears to be working fine (the GMAP demo works
flawlessly).

Unfortunately when I attempted to run GeoMoose, the green template from
the

demo shows up, however no layers or tools work.  Firebug reported issues

while loading getmapbook.php

load

dynamic library '/opt/fgs/www/lib/php5/php_curl.so' -

/opt/fgs/www/lib/php5/php_curl.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such

file or directory in
<b>/opt/fgs/apps/geomoose2/htdocs/php/config.php</b> on

I noticed that there is no file called /opt/fgs/www/lib/php/config.php,

however the is a file called php_mapscript_5.4.2

What would my next  steps be to get GeoMoose up and running?

Thanks

Mark Volz