[Geomoose-users] question on GM1.x html size

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Oct 21 16:33:42 EDT 2010

An easy way to check would be to time the loading with and without the list inthe downlaod.

I would look into doing a Auto-complete form for this type of thing, where the server sends matches to the input form on the fly as the user types things into the search form.

Something like this (from a google search):

http://www.ajaxdaddy.com/scriptaculous-autocomplete.html

bobb

>>> "Jim Dahl" <jim.dahl at mail.co.douglas.mn.us> wrote:

I have GM 1.6 and have created search boxes where I have several thousand options to choose from.  For example, I have a pull down for every street in the county so one does not have to guess how it is spelled and enter into the search box.

Does anyone know if this slows down the initial visit to this page or when it is refreshed, or worse yet if it slows down every navigation after first visit?

I am not sure.

Thanks,

Jim Dahl, GISP
GIS Coordinator