[Geomoose-users] (More) trouble with query service on parcel data

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Mon Dec 3 10:31:44 PST 2012

I'm still managing to crash the standard GM query service with my statewide parcel layer.  First, I'll disclose that the parcel data is a shapefile.  This actually turned out to be the most reliable.  I've tried FileGDB, and this actually choked more readily than shape.  PostGIS, unfortunately, is not an option to my shop.
So, using the standard query service, I type in two parameters (map_bk_lot and town).  I get the timeout error.  If I take a subset of the data, such as a town or county, it'll work with the shapefile.
Furthermore, I experimented using layer->queryByAttributes, and this works very well with the statewide shapefile.  (and again, the FileGDB croaked) Problem here is, I'd like to use the standard highlighting and zoom to that come with GM, but I've gotten lost in that part of the code.
Any guidance/suggestions?