[Geomoose-users] Re: Making Label and Circle using Feature editor (geomoose 2.4)

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Feb 10 11:52:39 EST 2012

Rommy,

   You can label the polygons by specifying one of the layer's fields in
the mapfile as the LABELITEM.  Have a look at the mapfiles in the demo
dataset or look at the mapfile doc on the Mapserver site.

     Geomoose has no support for drawing circles; you would have to add
your own code to do that.  Geomoose uses OpenLayers to supply functions
for allowing users to interactively place feature geometry (points,
lines, and polygons) so you could start there.  You would have to decide
how to store the representation of the circle (e.g. point+radius or
polygon) so you may want to investigate how (or if) PostGIS stores
circles.  And I don't know how much support Mapserver has for rendering
circle features...

   While circular arcs are common in property (cadastral surveying)
databases in Canada and the U.S., they are not commonly supported
directly in generic GIS databases.