[Geomoose-users] Trouble with PostGis layer on GM 2.2

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Feb 15 14:50:27 EST 2012

Trying to implement some layers through PostGIS, and I'm a PG newbie
(some of you have seen my struggles on the other lists).  But now I am
having trouble displaying a layer in GeoMoose 2.2.  I think this may be
related to the MapServer version, as this same layer works fine with
MapServer 6.0.1

The error message is as follows:

msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. Couldn't make connection to DB with
connect string

The connection strings:

  DATA "the_geom from bb_connectme_rds USING SRID=26919 USING Unique
gid"

  CONNECTION "user=myusername password=mypassword dbname=postgistest
host=mymachinename port=5432"

  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

  PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"

As I mentioned, this all works fine on another service using MapServer
6.0.1.  Does PostGis work with GM 2.2?  If so, does it look like my
connection strings are incorrect?