[Geomoose-users] measure tool geomoose 2.4

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:59:44 PDT 2012

Not a complete answer, but a place to start looking:

In terms of the measuring tools, Web Mercator and Lat/Lon are certainly the
most difficult to deal with, especially if you are viewing a large
geographic area as the effective scale changes across the map.  If I
remember correctly, in these cases GeoMoose only considers the scale at one
point on the map and applies that scale everywhere.  I don't know how the
scalebar is calculated, but it is also subject to the same issue (scale not
constant across map).