[Geomoose-users] best way of creating a .map file to display many classes inside a layer

NicoTek nicotek at live.com
Tue Jul 17 07:06:59 PDT 2012

Hello,

I received a folder with all the files needed for mapping such as DBF,
SHP, PRJ...etc

I don't have a ".map" file and I usually create that in notepad.
This time I would have to create about 50 classes inside a layer where
each class has an "expression" and a "color" and for the color I go to a
site that creates a gradient scale that I then copy and paste the color
codes.

My question: Is there a more direct or even automatic way of doing this?
I prefer not to have to create 50 or more layers and copy paste colors
into it. My fear is that in the near future I will have to map layers
with one hundred or more classes

Thanks!
Nico