[Geomoose-users] More geomoose neophyte questions

Jason Menard menard.jason at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:41:59 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Thanks to those who've emailed me off-list with answers to my prior
questions.  We've moved on to new problems!  I've got the demo working, and
I can add data and customize the skin and whatnot to my heart's content.
 However, this is the demo.  When I try to move things to upstate New York
and into a new projection, interesting things happen.  I can get my new
data to show up in the Catalog with unbroken linkages.  The mapfile for my
data doesn't report any problems (I have debugging turned on).  Yet I get
the PSOD anyway.  GeoMoose zooms to the appropriate extents, the original
demo data displays just fine-- just the data I'm trying to add in NY does
the PSOD-- even though the Catalog link says the data is there, AND I am
mostly sure that I have the projections correct.

And here's the wrinkle: Firebug is showing this error when I refresh the
browser:

TypeError: Application.getMapSource(layerPath) is undefined

Application.getMapSource(layerPath).setVisibility(layerPath, visibility);

Here's the appropriate codeblock:

changeLayerVisibility : function(layerPaths, visibility) {

var paths = this.asArray(layerPaths);

for(var i = 0, len = paths.length; i < len; i++) {

var layerPath = paths[i];

if(layerPath) {

Application.getMapSource(layerPath).setVisibility(layerPath, visibility);

}
So if layerPath is undefined, it's because it can't find or can't list all
the available layers, which I suppose could produce a PSOD, but I'm
waaaayyyy to new at this to really even speculate and my GeoMoose forays
have not (yet) included reading through the core code.  I can do some
Javascript, but I'm still too busy kicking the rust off it.  So, folks,
what might be going on?  Use small words, because I'm slow.

And cheers to the developers for writing code clean enough that even a
neophyte like me can read through it.

Thanks!

Best,
Jason