[Geomoose-users] Incubation Checklist (Please review)

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 23:38:37 PDT 2012

> This previous thread,
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geomoose-users/2012-May/004016.html ,
> discusses using the same license for everything in source control. I
> noted this in the wiki,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoMoose_Incubation_Checklist#Copyright_and_License
> At our Thursday PSC meeting, I will propose that we use the same
> license for everything in or from source control
> (https://svn.osgeo.org/geomoose/) - code, geomoose.org (http://geomoose.org), website
> documentation, api docs, etc.

Yep this is where it is annoying, while that license can cover your RST files (used to generate the docs) - how do you want people to treat the *content* of those pages when you publish them on the website?

Right now there is a © at the bottom, but since there is no license on how people can use the page …. people can "cite" or "quote" the page and say where they got the link from? But you are not granting them rights to combine the content with say training course materials or something?

Note: There is no *need* to provide a documentation license, it is just we should be clear that there is not one.

For example here is the GeoTools license page, I apologise if it is confusing as with such an old project the story changed over time.
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/welcome/license.html

Jody