[Geomoose-users] Reprojection in PostGIS

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Feb 26 06:43:29 PST 2013

Carlo,

   No, you can store your data in PostGIS in one SRS (say lat,lon WGS84)
and display it in another (like Spherical Mercator).   You can choose
where to do the re-projection:
     1. Mapserver, using PROJECTION objects in map file
     2. PostGIS using Views

  However, if you want to use TinyOWS (instead of GeoServer) as a WFS-T
server to allow feature editing with GeoMoose 2.6, you must store the
data in the same spatial reference system as your display system.