[Geomoose-users] Problems with idetify.php

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Mar 4 13:09:49 PST 2013

Carlo,

> The layer is a shapefile, map-source type=mapserver, exaclty as parcels
> (online demo), but not parcels.

Did the demo work with the parcels?

> I receive on the screen the following erorr:
>
> Error Calling the server:
> Error: Unable to load php/identify.php status:500
>
> but looking at apache error.log I find this:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'MapScriptException' with message
> 'Unable to construct shapeObj.' in
> /var/www/geomoose/htdocs/php/identify.php:153\nStack trace:\n#0
> /var/www/geomoose/htdocs/php/identify.php(149): ms_shapeObjFromWkt('')\n#1
> {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/geomoose/htdocs/php/identify.php on line 149,
> referer: http://myserver...

Not exactly sure why you're getting this error.

> I've read both documentation about indentify
> (http://www.geomoose.org/howto/identify.html) and services
> (http://www.geomoose.org/developer/services.html#services-understanding),
> but there is no explaination about.

The documentation is a great place to start.  Search the email archive
can help too.  I did a quick search for "ms_shapeObjFromWkt" on
nabble, http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GeoMOOSE-f5002154.html and
found this thread
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geomoose-users/2011-March/002996.html)
where someone else had a similar problem.  They were able to solve it
by using a more recent MS4W.

Are you using MS4W?  Which version?  Which version of GeoMoose are you
using?  Which version of MapServer are you using (on the command line
with the proper environment, you should be able to run mapserv -v to
find this out.)  I think in general this should all work with
current-ish versions (GeoMoose 2.6+, MapServer 6.0+, and/or MS4W
version 3.0.x+)

> Has anyone had my same issue?
> Any hint?

I hope that some of this helps.