[Geomoose-users] Help; is there anybody that knows how to use a DFX or KML in Geomoose?

Behr Mirfathali behr at coastcom.net
Thu Nov 14 13:58:18 PST 2013

Hello,

I have files I am exporting out of AutoCAD Map for Geomoose. We have so many text layers to deal with so it looks like a DWF or a KML/KMZ layer would be easier to work with. I did a little research and I found that both types can be used.

http://gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html  For KML it says it needs  (read support needs libexpat). I am not sure what is meant by 'read support'.

And

According to this http://wiki.ieee-earth.org/Documents/GEOSS_Tutorials/GEOSS_Provider_Tutorials/Web_Feature_Service_Tutorial_for_GEOSS_Providers/Section_4%3A_Provisioning%2F%2FUsing_the_service_or_application/Section_4.3%3A_Detail_Steps_for_Use_Cases/Section_4.3.1%3A_Offering_a_DXF_file_with_mapserver_WFS

I would have to install OSGeo4W to the server. But what version? Also, what version of DXF? 2013? 2010? I would have thought the original Mapserver would have at least been able to use the DXF format given its history.

Any thoughts?

All help is appreciated.

                                     Thank you
                                                       Behr

Behr Mirfathali | Engineering Technician
Direct 360.326.5582 | Fax 541.265.8946|
behr at coastcom.net | www.coastcom.net<http://www.coastcom.net/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEE141.924FF300]