[Geomoose-users] Cursor Proplem

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 12:06:16 PST 2013

Dean can you throw this into a ticket on the new GitHub repo?  I'll be GeoMOOSE'ing this weekend.

 Subject: [Geomoose-users] Cursor Proplem
 To: "geomoose-users at lists.osgeo.org" <geomoose-users at lists.osgeo.org>
 Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 4:42 PM

 I am having a problem with
 cursors.  When a tool has the selectable="false"
 parameter set  then the cursor inherits the characteristics
 of the previous action. When selectable="true"
 parameter is set the cursor is assigned correctly.  This is
 an issue when I am building tools in catalog drawers where I
 do NOT want tools to have the "selectable" box
 appear.

 The simplest way to test this in the demo is to
 have the following two tools added to the
 catalog:
 <tool name="buffered_select"
 title="Select Features" type="service"
 service="buffered_select"
 show-label="true"
 selectable="false"/>

 <tool name="buffered_select"
 title="Select Features" type="service"
 service="buffered_select"
 show-label="true"
 selectable="true"/>

 The tools are identical accept for the selectable
 option.  Start geomoose and do the following
 1. Press the identify tool icon and move the
 mouse around (the identify icon appears).

 2. Press the first "Select Features"
 button and move the mouse around (the identify icon remains
 - badness!)
 3. Press the identify tool icon and move the
 mouse around (the identify icon appears).

 4.  Press the second "Select Features"
 button and move the mouse around (the identify icon does not
 appear - This is Good and how it is supposed to
 work.)

 Does anyone have any ideas?
 I tried to figure this out from the API
 documentation on GeoMoose but it is an invalid link. Could
 we get this to link to the API page soon?

 It appears that the problem is in the tool.js
 script but I assume that changes to tool.js require some
 type of recompilation of GeoMoose. Is this
 true?
 Thanks

 --
 Dean R Anderson