[Geomoose-users] epsg:23032 projection error [SOLVED]

Carlo Pelliconi c.pelliconi at sis-ter.it
Thu Mar 6 00:19:39 PST 2014

After a long time,
I've found a little time for comparing proj refsys defs under QGIS and
under Mapserver:

adding a +towgs84= statement in the Mapserver /usr/share/proj/epsg file
(just for the wrong-working epsg-code), also in Geomoose reprojection
works properly. This can be done for all the refsys you need (I've
tested it for 2 different italian locales).

Thank you all for the hints.
With Best Regards,
Carlo

Il 16/01/2014 22:43, Dan Little ha scritto:
> Jim is probably right that supplementing with the correct datum shift
> files would help.  I'm out of my comfort zone on making a
> recommendation.  GeoMOOSE can be configured to work with any
> projection if both the source data and destination projection are the
> same.
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:32 PM, James Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com
> <mailto:klassen.js at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     You are probably correct.  Datum transformations are somewhat tricky.
>
>     I am assuming:
>     Your GeoMoose is using EPSG:3857.
>     You want MapServer to reproject on the fly your data from
>     EPSG:23032 to EPSG:3857 for display in GeoMoose.
>
>     In this case, nothing should need to change regarding projections
>     in GeoMoose from the demo.  However, you may need to find and
>     install the correct "datum shift grid" files in the proj4
>     installation used by MapServer. Since QGIS is working for you, I
>     presume it is using a different installation of proj4 that has the
>     necessary datum shift grid files.
>

>     On 2014/1/15 4:48 AM, Carlo Pelliconi wrote:
>>     Hi Dan,
>>     thanks a lot for your interest.
>>
>>     It seems, in my opinion, a problem while converting from ED50 to
>>     WGS84.
>>
>>     I've tried looking "inside" QGIS (which works properly in
>>     reprojecting runtime the layer from epsg23032 to epsg3857) for
>>     "exporting" the solution to geomoose, but I was not able to solve.
>>
>>     At the moment I work with the layer in epsg32632 and thus in my
>>     geomoose project (epsg3857) all goes ok, but I'd like to solve
>>     also starting from epsg23032.
>>
>>     Any hint is appreciated.
>>     Thank you!
>>
>>     With Best Regards
>>     Carlo
>>
>>     Il 14/01/2014 17:41, Dan Little ha scritto:
>>>     Carlo,
>>>
>>>     Did you make any progress on this? I'm just now getting back
>>>     messages from before the holidays.
>>>

>>>     On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Carlo Pelliconi
>>>     <c.pelliconi at sis-ter.it <mailto:c.pelliconi at sis-ter.it>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hi all,
>>>         I've an issue with epsg:23032.
>>>
>>>         When I call a layer in this RefSys in my epsg:3857 geomoose
>>>         project, I see wrong positioning of that layer against the
>>>         other layers.
>>>         If I save the same layer in epsg:32032 and use it in the
>>>         same epsg:3857 geomoose project (obviously, managing in the
>>>         mapfile the related changes in extent coordinates), the
>>>         positioning is correct.
>>>
>>>         I've also tried changing EPSG23032.js in projection folder,
>>>         but with no success.
>>>
>>>         Is this a known issue? is it available a workaround?
>>>         Or, on the other hand, where is my mistake?
>>>
>>>         Thank you very much for any advice.
>>>
>>>         With Best Regards,
>>>         Carlo

|| SIS.TER SRL || Firma ||
*Carlo Pelliconi*
Responsabile Sistemi Informativi
Tel +39 0542 364034 - Fax +39 0542 612130
c.pelliconi at sis-ter.it <mailto:c.pelliconi at sis-ter.it> - www.sis-ter.it
<http://www.sis-ter.it>

SIS.TER SRL <http://www.sis-ter.it> 	Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/SIS.TERsrl> 	DEKRA
Sis.Ter Srl - Via Mentana, 10 - 40026 Imola (BO) 	Reg. n° 141113005

ATTENZIONE! Le informazioni trasmesse sono da intendersi inviate solo ed
esclusivamente alla persona alla quale sono state indirizzate e possono
contenere materiale strettamente confidenziale e/o riservato. Qualsiasi
utilizzo, ritrasmissione o diffusione delle presenti informazioni, anche
solo parzialmente, sono proibite a tutte le persone o entità diverse dal
destinatario. Se ha ricevuto queste informazioni per errore, contatti
urgentemente il mittente e cancelli immediatamente il materiale dal suo
computer. Rif. D.L. 196/2003.
Pensa all'ambiente prima di stampare questo messaggio.
ATTENTION! The information in this email (which includes any files
transmitted with it) is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorised. It is not to be relied upon by any person other
than the addressee, except with our prior written approval. If no such
approval is given, we will not accept any liability (in negligence or
otherwise) arising from any third party acting. Unauthorised recipients
are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this
email in error please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and
delete it from your computer system. Any use, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email is prohibited. Ref. D.L. 196/2003.
Think about the environment before printing.