[Geomoose-users] USGS NationalMap WMS Error

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:45:47 PDT 2014

Ummm... this is just a long shot, but it looks like by default, this is a
WMS 1.3.0, not WMS 1.1.1

In WMS 1.3.0, you have to use CRS=EPSG:3857 instead of SRS=EPSG:3857 in the
URL.

It does look like the service also supports WMS 1.1.1, so I would try
adding the version to your URL fragment, to force the version you want to
use, and see if it makes the server happy with using SRS=EPSG:3857

like so:

http://basemap.
<http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer/WMSServer?version=1.1.1&>
nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/
<http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer/WMSServer?version=1.1.1&>
services/USGSImageryOnly/
<http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer/WMSServer?version=1.1.1&>
MapServer/WMSServer?version=1.1.1&
<http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/services/USGSImageryOnly/MapServer/WMSServer?version=1.1.1&>

Mapserver should take care of the rest of the differences between 1.3.0 and
1.1.1.

Tanya